What is WinRAR?
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
Benefits of WinRAR over other compression software:
- Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
- WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
- WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
- WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
- WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
Our Opinion and Review:
WinRAR is a compression software which you need to buy from (http://www.rarlab.com) i.e. the developer's website. I downloaded the trial version from there, but found it very difficult to keep up with it, because every time I launched the software, it prompted me that "This is a trial version". It is really annoying, you know. I then finally, after browsing the web for a long time (as I also needed the software badly), I found this solution... You'd probably love the neat and clean install.
Hit the download button and MediaFire page will open in a new tab/window, which allows you to download the setup file. After downloading the setup file, right click on it and click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. It will run the install wizard. Install the software, but be sure to select all the extensions when prompted to choose the extensions which will run with the software. And you are done, install the software with lifetime liscence...